The interface has the following key features.
- USB Bus powered
- DMX lines galvanic opto-isolated from the USB bus
- DMX lines over voltage protected, and current limited
- Simultaneously send and receive up to 512 channels
- Minimal host computer resource needed
- Firmware updatable over USB
- High quality resilient line drivers
- Heavy duty powder coated steel case
- Affordable and easy to build
- Compatible with all major O/S (refers to driver for USB to serial interface)
- The data is buffered in the device, and the device handles the timings itself
LLA and DMX4Linu has no driver for this device (8/1 2007), but the protocol is documented.
The interface can be used from a number of DMX controller apps for Windows and Mac OS.
There is a schematic for this device.