Talk:Open Lighting Architecture
- How to use them (take info from nomis52.net and elaborate them (Se the exaple with lla_usbpro below).
- developer info: the structure of function calls and data flow.
Does lla_usbpro write arbitrary settings to the device if it cannot read valid data back? i.e. does LLA store the garbled numbers and write them back to the "USB Pro"? Is there a boundary check on the values?
Query and control the parameters of the Enttec USB Pro device
- -d, --dev <dev_id> The device id to configure. (required?)
- -p, --params Get and show the parameters.
- -s, --serial Get and show the serial number.
- -b, --brk <brk> Set the break time. what is the unit?
- -m, --mab <mab> Set the make after-break-time. what is the unit?
- -r, --rate <rate> Set the transmission rate. Unit is DMX Packets per second, from 1 to 40, "0" means "fastest possible".
- -s, --serial Get the serial number.
LLA developer info
Would it be nice with a page with this name? Or perhaps LLA code documentation?
Suggestions for content:
- I have difficulties to track the flow of data from it is fetched from the USB Pro until it is printed to the console by the app lla_usbpro. Some diagrams over the structure and data flow diagrams, or text that gives a good overview would be nice
- What is the structure of the plugins?
- What is the interface between the LLA core and LLA plugins?
- What is the interface between the LLA core and other apps/clients to LLA like QLC?
- What is it with the hidden web server?
How is functionality split between the usbpro plugin and the example program?
Drivers and platforms
LLA compiles on Linux and Mac and probably also Windows, but not all drivers work everywhere (yet). Here the status can be listed.
|Driver||Linux||Mac OS X||Windows|
|DMX USB Pro||Linux=Yes||??||No|
|Open DMX USB 1)||Linux=Yes||??||No|
|DMX 4 Linux||Linux=Yes||??||No|
|E1.31 / ACN||Linux=development started||??||No|